The Account Director is the solutions-oriented business leader on assigned accounts, responsible for developing, maintaining and fostering favorable relationships with all clients and internal teams. This position also ensures that provided goods or services consistently meet deadlines, budgets and client expectations at Truth Collective through collaboration with project partners. Account Directors are viewed as clear leaders and role models, always willing to go the extra mile for clients and our creative company.
- Collaborates with other members of Truth Collective’s management team and acts as a role model for others with respect to achievement of our mission and values.
- Develops and implements strategies to maximize employee performance.
- Fosters a work environment that encourages creative thinking and continuous process improvement.
- Supports recruitment and hiring, and trains new employees, as needed.
- Directs and coordinates activities of employees to whom responsibility is delegated, ensuring that goals and objectives are met.
- Monitors performance of direct reports and provides timely feedback, both positive and constructive, on a regular basis.
- Encourages staff’s continuous growth and development.
- Provides clear direction and support to staff, as needed.
- Establishes trusted relationships with all key counterparts and partners.
- Ensures that teams follow our processes for financial and workflow effectiveness.
- Represents Truth Collective in the community.
- Creates a compelling vision for the account, achieves alignment and drives toward proactive business growth.
- Develops and owns the account plan. Ensures that the account team is on board and taking action on the plan.
- Makes strategic decisions to provide recommendations for marketing platforms, channels and tactics.
- Understands, explains and defends the project strategy.
- Pursues new, most effective channels and platforms for the client.
- Actively influences the company’s financial health by effectively managing project budgets.
- Writes clearly, concisely and error free, with the ability to address different viewpoints and persuade audiences effectively.
- Speaks confidently and presents with ease.
- Is responsible for the work product being presented to the client, coordinating multiple teams and POVs to arrive at the best recommendation/option for the client.
- Independently leads creative projects and pitches to successful outcomes.
- Communicates difficult news to clients early, clearly and effectively.
- Owns client relationships for assigned, larger and mid-sized accounts.
- Initiates client satisfaction surveys to discover new growth opportunities.
- Proactively maintains forecasts and oversees timely billing.
- Acts as a creative steward with the ability to sell ideas, assess risk, and discuss and defend creative work.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing/Advertising or Communications and a minimum of 10 years’ Account Management experience or an equivalent combination of related work experience, training and/or education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Previous account management experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- MAC OS, Keynote.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Proven leadership skills with ability to drive successful completion of goals and objectives.
- Coaching/mentoring skills and ability to provide constructive and supportive feedback.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface directly with senior-level clients and Truth Collective staff.
- Time management.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and competing deadlines.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Experience working with financial data and budgets.
- Strong negotiating and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and learn from reporting data and insights.
ABOUT TRUTH COLLECTIVE
- Competitive financial and wellness benefits.
- Work/life balance flexibility with plenty of time off for fun.
- Casual workspace where dogs are welcome.
- Opportunities to give back to the community in life-changing ways.
- Paid professional development to keep you growing.
- A place at the table with a crazy-talented team who have each other’s backs.
Learn more about what makes us tick in the best way possible at truthcollective.com.
Truth Collective is an equal-opportunity employer. We fully and wholeheartedly embrace a diverse, inclusive and welcoming office environment and culture for all.